Monday, September 8, 2008

Beach and Birthday Fun

http://pictures.thelauves.com/crystalbeach0807.html


The summer was fast approaching when I realized that my parents' 60th birthday was a big deal. Not that I didn't know it was a milestone, but when Dad and I were talking about it one day it dawned on me that it was kind of a lot for him to swallow, too. Never had a birthday really given my Dad pause---he's always been the kind of guy to believe that age is just a number, and he's been active at every age. He didn't even want to talk about it! Well, I started thinking that maybe the best way to address the big day would be to invite family and friends to help us celebrate during my parents' yearly vacation in Crystal Beach. I figured an invasion of birthdayness would force Mom and Dad to celebrate their lives with those who love them. And that's just what we did.


We all had a great weekend of relaxation and sun in Crystal Beach, Texas, with a very different atmosphere but the same strong family fellowship as our Lauve family weekend in Chicago, Illinois. In fact, the Lauves made it to the surprise birthday party for Mom and Dad, along with my mom's sisters, many of the Domecs, a few Breauxs, and the Heberts. All in all, there were 55 people in attendance to help Mom and Dad celebrate!

No comments:

Post a Comment