Saturday, March 26, 2005

“You Call Him Dr. Jones, Doll!”

Udaipur/Mumbai

We flew out early this morning for Mumbai, where it all started. We got a hotel room on Juhu Beach and pretty much stayed there all day. I tried to watch the cricket match, but somehow we got stuck watching The Gangs of New York. I went down to the business center to watch the match and to send out an email of my journal entry from Sunday.

Today was when Holi really gets going. Out in the streets there were people just covered in powder, and in the airport on the way over here we saw people embracing as a way of spreading powder onto one another.


A bunch of us ate dinner together at the Chinese place in the hotel. It was great because it had a giant lazy Susan in the middle of the table, just like in Indiana Jones. I did my best Short Round impersonation.


The food of the day was the Thai fried rice I had for dinner. They had Thai chicken fried rice and they had veggie Pad Thai, but they didn’t have chicken Pad Thai. So Justin and I both asked for chicken Pad Thai. They brought it to Justin, but to white boy they brought just the chicken fried rice. Racists. Oh yeah, and Beth had them put jalapenos on our chicken and pineapple pizza at lunch, and that was pretty good, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment