Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Full House

http://picasaweb.google.com/daniel.lauve/DownstairsBathroom


This past weekend we finished the first of several projects on the house. We started the renovation of the half bath before my parents arrived this weekend, and their visit was timely as we ran into a snag with the installing of the new light fixture. My dad, who I always think knows everything about houses though he begs to differ, really pulled us through the rough spot! Daniel did a super job of patching the hole left by the 80’s boxed-in fluorescent light, which was our first tape and float project. Can you tell I’m really proud? Together we did a great job of priming, texturing, and painting the small room. I must say I never expected to hug one of my toilets sober, but how else do you paint behind them? Not to point fingers, but it certainly isn’t going to be the one of us who is over six foot tall.


We had a fun weekend otherwise with Mom, Dad and Brent (who is still living at the house), but I’m afraid I have no pictures to share, so a picture of a margarita will have to do.  We consumed lots of Mexican martinis and margaritas, which is my Dad’s favorite. We played several games on the Wii, which included a rather one-sided round of me playing the new American Idol game that Daniel bought me. (My family claims that they don’t know where my performance bug came from, although I remember going to family reunions when I was little and my Dad’s mother’s side of the family would play instruments and sing songs all afternoon.) I am not the one of us who has sung karaoke most recently, so Daniel did sing at least one song Friday night. Everyone else joined in on bowling, boxing, and Scattergories.

We did our usual run together on Saturday, and for some reason my Dad had to coax Daniel and me into finishing three miles. Daniel and Dad shared the Wall Street Journal over the weekend, and all of the guys enjoyed a Sunday afternoon of football together while Mom and I snuck out for some shopping and talking. The parents left Monday, and we enjoyed the end of our three-day weekend by finishing the half-bathroom! Next on the house updates list is the upstairs guest bath and the kitchen…

1 comment:

  1. The bathroom looks awesome! It is better than anything that Home Made Simple would have done, that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete