Tuesday, September 28, 2010

It Never Rains in Southern California


Sunday Brunch in Old Town

http://picasaweb.google.com/daniel.lauve/SanDiegoSeptember2010

September is usually about the time that we decide it's time for us to get away. As an event planner, my work load is cyclical, with one of my busiest times of the year coming at the end of the summer. This year the largest event I manage moved to early September. So when we thought about going somewhere, it worked great with my schedule to plan a vacation right around the middle of September.

I wanted to go somewhere that would be relaxing, with mild weather and with a laid back agenda. San Diego fit that description perfectly. Once we decided where we are going we invited my parents to go along with us, and Daniel got set on mapping out our trip.

I might be the professional event manager, but when it comes to vacations, Daniel takes the lead. He does the research and figures out the best flights, routes, schedule and sights for us. While I do have some veto power, I am so grateful for all he does! My parents learned how great this was too, as Daniel worked up an itinerary for us prior to our leaving:

Friday A.M.-Flights arrive in San Diego
Friday P.M.-Lunch in Balboa Park, San Diego Zoo, Dinner in Gas Lamp
Saturday A.M.-Morning run in Mission Bay
Saturday P.M.-Coronado Island, Dinner in Little Italy
Sunday A.M.-Church & brunch in Old Town
Sunday P.M.-Chargers game for Daniel & Dad, Trolley Tour for Mom & me
Monday A.M.-Breakfast at the hotel, Mom & Dad depart for Jasper
Monday P.M.-Reading & pool time for Daniel and me, depart for Austin

One of the highlights of the zoo was getting to see the elephants; as you can tell from the other pictures I was on an elephant kick! The panda cub wrestling with his mom was really a sweet moment to witness.


Here's my daddy and me before our Saturday morning run on Mission Bay:


Coronado Island, with it's hotel, The Del, is an impressive part of San Diego's history to visit. The beach is beautiful, and SO COLD.




Mom and me getting time to stop and smell the roses (read: shop) while the guys went to the Chargers game.


It was such a nice long weekend, and when we returned home we celebrated our 3rd anniversary on September 22, 2010. It was a special night as we realized it was our last anniversary where it would be just the two of us. Daniel and I feel so blessed for the growth of our relationship and the love that we have for each other in our early years of marriage. This San Diego trip was the sweet culmination of our first 3 years together before the official beginning of our family!


p.s. We both thought this would be a good title--for different reasons. Daniel associates the title with a 70s AM pop standard from well before he was born, and Brandi thinks of the 90s R&B hit from Tony! Toni! Tone!

No comments:

Post a Comment